How do I know the cost of my MRI?
You will receive a call from our Pre-Cert Team regarding the cost of your MRI. If you do not, please call 615-324-1600.
Patients are responsible for understanding their insurance coverage, deductible status, and in- and out-of-network benefits. Please consult your insurance provider directly if you have questions on your deductible or network benefits.
When should I arrive for my MRI scan?
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to scan.
If your scan is the first appointment of the day, 7:10 AM, please arrive ten minutes early.
Where should I go?
Our MRI department is located at 2004 Hayes Street, Suite 200. You will check in at the front desk, where you would check in for an appointment with your physician. An MRI tech will call you from the waiting room when it is time for your scan.
How long is the scan?
Scans take approximately 20-30 minutes per body part.
Are there any special consideration or contraindication to have an MRI scan?
Notify a member of our staff if you answer YES to any of the following questions prior to scheduling your MRI:
- Do you have a pacemaker or medically implanted device? (Please bring all implant cards to your appointments)
- Do you have metal in your eyes?
- Are you in your first trimester of pregnancy?
- Are you allergic to contrast, iodine or shellfish?
Why is contrast necessary for the scan?
Not all scans will require contrast. However, these are the main indications that would benefit from the use of contrast:
- Post-surgical scar tissue
- Multiple Sclerosis (Brain MRI)
Will I need lab work for a MRI?
Only if you are scheduled to receive contrast and only for the following reasons:
- Lab work (creatinine) is required for all contrasted studies for patients 60 and older.
- Lab work is required for all contrasted studies for any patient with the following medical history:
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Organ Transplant
If you are NOT getting contrast – Lab work is NOT required.
What should I wear for my scan?
Please wear comfortable clothing with no metal zipper, buttons, etc., to your scan. Please note LuLuLemon athletic wear cannot be worn during your scan. We have dressing rooms and patient gowns available for your convenience should you need to change.
Can I bring my children to my scan?
Please note that children are not allowed in the scanning rooms. All children must be supervised while remaining the in the waiting room.