Scheduling Support Specialist
Are you seeking a challenging, yet rewarding position in healthcare? Do you like working with people over the phone? Are you calm under pressure, attentive to detail and enjoy working in a team environment? We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Scheduling Support Specialist!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times to patients, colleagues, and referring doctors.
- Receives patient calls on behalf of all physicians.
- Accept and return calls for and related to patients. Entails answering telephone calls promptly and professionally and always being polite to the patients.
- Schedule new and return patients for all physicians. This includes following proper protocols and understanding the parameters within which the physicians work. Understanding existing contracts that the physician participates in is paramount to being able to adequately carry out these duties.
- This requirement also includes scheduling referral appointments to physicians to whom our practice refers patients. Subsequent copying and sending of applicable documentation and medical records is included in this duty.
- Schedule injection series on behalf of the physicians.
- Remain up to date with changes to scheduling requirements and guidelines for each physician
- Follow up with patients that do not show up for their appointments. Document any correspondence – verbal or otherwise – in the patient’s chart.
- Ensure that information needed to treat each patient is in their file. If additional information is required, take necessary steps (get files from the hospital, call other providers, etc.) to get the patient’s chart and information in condition to be seen by the physician.
- Fax information to patients or other healthcare services providers, as needed or directed by the physician.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four year college degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical practice procedures and terminology is helpful.
- At least two years of appropriate medical office job experience required