Medical Records Specialist
Are you a team player that is organized and attentive to detail? Are you interested in working in a great healthcare environment? We have an exciting opportunity as a Medical Records Specialist.
- Maintains and reviews practice-wide scanning and queuing of patient registration, history forms, operative pictures and notes, miscellaneous documents, etc., to ensure proper record management
- Maintains HIPAA compliance by utilizing a three-check system during the scanning process, consisting of: (1) Check name on document versus name in chart. (2) Check date of birth on document versus date of birth in chart. (3) Check medical record number on document versus medical record number in chart. Once the three checks are complete, the document can be scanned into the chart.
- Maintains practice’s medical record requests, which includes:
- Answering all medical records phone calls and completing requests as needed
- Checking medical records faxes and distributing/completing as appropriate
- Following up on medical records requests from previous day
- Creating imaging discs for medical records requests
- Directly importing MRI reports from RadSource into chart as needed
- Maintains logs of (1) number of documents scanned and queued, (2) number of medical record requests received and completed, and (3) phone calls received and returned
- Assists members of the administrative team, physicians or managers, as needed
- Postal mail distribution: Weighs and stamps Medical Records requests, drops off outgoing mail to be collected, maintains two practice-wide mailboxes, sorts and distributes mail and packages, other mail-related tasks as requested
- Other duties as requested and/or necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- Four-year college degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical practice procedures and terminology is helpful.
- EHR experience is helpful.